August 4, 2010

High Hopes

When I first started this blog, it was intended to be a place where I would keep track of recipes I have tried and enjoyed.  I wanted a place where I could look back and remember those meals or the times in which these meals were served and eaten.  It was to be a place of memories and reflection on food.  Don't know if that is what it has become though.  I wanted this blog to inspire me in the kitchen, to try new things.  While I figured that this would only be me who ever logged onto this blog, I thought maybe, just maybe others would find it and read it.  Maybe I would be discovered and become this famous food blogger!  Ha!  I think I had high hopes. :)  But hey, I'm still new at this. 

This blog has inspired me in some ways to try new things and be more devoted to my little galley kitchen.  Some days though, not so much.  But don't we all have those days?  Where we truly enjoy something but just don't want to do it at all?  I think it's normal.  I also think it's funny that I write this blog as if someone was actually reading it.  Don't get me wrong, there are about 3 wonderful ladies who read this blog and I thank them dearly!  I guess then I could say I am having a personal conversation with each one.  That makes me smile.  Oh wait, did someone say girls night?  I love all three of them dearly for taking a few minutes out of their day to catch up on what's happening in my homemade kitchen.  Sometimes though, I do wish there were a few others who visit.  But alas, this is not the outlet for any of my woe is me moments.  This is supposed to be about food and food is love so I've heard.  So take a cue from my little love, Maddux, and find a warm spot to sit yourself down at.  He prefers the heating vent.  I recommend a cozy chair or the kitchen table and remember to bring a snack.  Think of the people in your life who make you smile.  I have lots.


Please keep reading, dear friends, and bear in mind that food can warm the heart and soul and a heating vent can warm a little bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment