July 31, 2010

Giant Scallions

I just had to show you the giant scallions I just got at the Farm Stand.  I mean look at them.  They're huge!  I took a picture next to a book to try and scale the scallions a little and the book is dwarfed!


I have never seen scallions so big.  I dropped by the Farm Stand to pick up some salad stuff and got a beautiful head of romaine lettuce, a small cucumber, a pint of blueberries and these scallions.  They were super tasty in the salad too.  I didn't put the blueberries in the salad but will certainly enjoy them later.  They just looked so plump and delicious.  My local farm stand is run by a farm a couple of towns away called Farmer Dave's.  Their produce is delicious and I think I am going to sign up for their winter vegetable CSA.  I have actually never done a CSA before and I really want to.  I will be supporting local farmers and getting incredibly fresh produce.  That makes me happy.  It will also allow me to try vegetables I have never had before and get creative in the kitchen.  I'm excited.  Especially if I can get mutant sized vegetables like these scallions.  M is going to flip when he sees these.  They are bigger than Maddux for goodness sake!  I think I'm going to be eating scallions for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment