July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July - One day late

Happy 4th of July - one day late! Hey, I was busy. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great day. M and I kind of hung around the house in the morning doing housework and homework and then went over to his parents to grill some food. We aren't allowed a grill where we live so my in laws so graciously allow us to hijack theirs once in a while. But it's really in their favor; they get a grilled dinner they don't have to cook.


M grilled up some swordfish that was seasoned with salt, pepper, and butter.  That's right, he slathered the fish with butter and threw it on the grill.  Surprisingly, the grill didn't explode.  There was also steak tips and we tossed red and orange bell peppers, onion, asparagus, zucchini and summer squash in olive oil, salt and pepper and threw all those on the grill too.  It was a fabulous grilled dinner.  Very light and delicious.  We then went out for ice cream which is the perfect ending to any meal.  Today, we go to my parents.  I don't really know what we will be eating but I do know that I am going to bring a pasta salad.

Stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment