August 15, 2010

Herb Pizza

This past week has been a little frustrating at work.  This being the case, I haven't felt all that motivated to cook something.  I don't like this feeling.  M and I picked out some recipes to cook during the week and they were just eh.  I did make a chicken lo mein which was pretty similar to this pork one only I used chicken.  Like you never could have guessed. :)  I also added some bean sprouts.  Now that M is out of school, he is taking on the cooking one night a week as well as walking Maddux so that I can go to the gym.  I go on Saturdays and Sundays but now I can get at least one work out in during the week.  It's time to get this lady back into shape!  He made a tasty version of this only he put some paprika in it and there was no asparagus.  It is nice having him do the dinner one night a week.

We tried all week to do a pizza night but it kept getting put off.  M went out two nights during the week to visit a friend who is ill.  Oh guess what happened when he was visting his friend?  Some lady backed into his car while in the parking lot and totally wiped out his front bumper.  Major repairs will be needed.  And to top it all off, I was supposed to have a girls night tomorrow night but now I am car-less.  Boo!!  It's retaurant week in Boston and it was going to be an awesome time.  I'm sad.

Anyway, then we went to my parents house to do some yard work for them on Saturday.  Guess what they got us for lunch?  Yep, pizza.  So the pizza making was put off yet another day.  But we finally made it today for lunch!  It might be my favorite homemade pizza I have ever made.  So after a crappy week at work, a sick friend, a minor car incident, an out of shape body that has revolted against me, and dirty yard work, we got to stuff our faces with cheesey pizza.  Hopefully the next week is better.  Geesh.


Herb Pizza
A recipe by Noelle

1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
1 tbsp olive oil
salt
dried oregano
1 cup tomato sauce, any kind
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
chopped chives
freshly chopped basil
fresh thyme
1 scallion, chopped
1 small tomato, diced

Preheat oven to 425.  Spread the pizza dough out onto a baking sheet.  Prick the dough with a fork all over the top.  Drizzle with the olive oil and spread around with your hands or the back of a spoon.  Sprinkle with some salt and dried oregano.  Put the dough into the oven and bake for about five minutes.

Remove the dough from the oven.  Spread the tomato sauce all over the dough.  Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over.  Scatter the chives, basil, thyme, scallions, and tomatoes all over the top.  Place pizza into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment