August 8, 2010

Dinner in the North End

M and I went into the North End to have dinner and celebrate his MBA.  I told him I would take him anywhere he wanted.  He chose the North End.


We went to Tresca which Ray Bourque owns.  Pretty cool, right?  I was wondering the whole time we were there if he would show up.  That would have been crazy.  M met him once before years ago.  I said to M, "What if Ray Bourque comes in?  You could be like 'Hey, Ray Bourque, I met you once before when I was like eight.' That would be funny."  M was like "I wouldn't do that."  That really would have been weird.

Anyway, when we got to the restaurant it was only about 4pm.  We were very early and they don't start serving dinner until 5pm, which we didn't know.  The waitress told us we could hang out in the bar area, have some drinks or an appetizer and hang out.  We chose to hang out.  We weren't in any rush.  There was a little table right next to an open window and we sat down.  It was such a beautiful night.  This was our view from our table:


The restaurant was right on Hanover Street so we had a lot of people watching to partake in.  I also want to try the restaurant across the street.  It looked nice.

While we were waiting and chatting with the waitresses/bartenders, we ordered some food because we were hungry and we were there to eat.  I took a quick picture of the small bar area and dining room on the first floor.  The main dining room was up those stairs and we could have gone up there once it was time for dinner.  We liked our open window seat so we stayed.



We ordered Spiedini di Agnello which were marinated and grilled lamb skewers.  Flavor was amazing.  Lamb was a little fatty though but still good.


It was nice to just sit there and relax.  There was a pretty window box too.  I don't know what plant this is.  Do you?


So, dinner, once ordered, was so delicious.  I got the Cioppino Amalfi.  It was so good and loaded with calamari, shrimp, white fish, mussels, cherrystones, and half a lobster tail.  Mmmmm.


M ordered Pollo Romano which was a chicken breast topped with arugula and grilled vegetables with a creamy corn and sage polenta.  His was awesome.  If we go there again, I will order that.



Look at M's hands.  hehe.  I told him I wanted to get a picture.  He was ready to dig right in but had to move his hands away.  The things we do for a crazy lady with a camera.  You can barely see the chicken at the top of the plate but it's there.  The angle was bad for me and I didn't want to rearrange and be that annoying person in a restaurant with a camera.  I tried to be all stealth about it.