June 29, 2012

39 Weeks

One more week or seven days until my due date!  Wow.  I really just can't wait anymore.

This past weekend, since it may have been our last weekend as just the two of us (plus the dog), M and I decided to just relax and be the two of us.  On Saturday morning, we both had some things to do on our own.  Mine most importantly was getting a haircut and treating myself to a pedicure. After that, we spent the afternoon lounging around the house and then had a date night.  It was most likely the last one we will have for a while.

We had a couple gift certificates to choose from and we decided on Burton's Grill in North Andover, one of our standby favs.  It was nice to get out.  I was very excited for my meal of filet mignon, grilled shrimp, steamed broccoli, and french fries.  But then soon realized I can no longer fit as much food in my stomach so I didn't eat as much as I was hoping but it tasted good just the same.  M helped me out with cleaning my plate.

We were full and didn't order dessert at the restaurant but stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up a chocolate ganache cake for later.  Good choice I must say.  Then we went home, got in our comfy clothes, and ordered a movie off On Demand.  So it was me, M, and Maddux snuggled on the couch for the rest of the night with chocolate cake.  It was perfect.

Then Sunday came and we didn't do much of anything.  We went food shopping, did some laundry, and watched some TV.  Nana and Grampie came by for a little while in the afternoon and Nana brought the last shade and hung it in the nursery.  It's so perfect.  His room is together and now really ready to have him in it.  Papa also finished the toy chest so we're good to go!  Bring on the baby!

Just to clarify - M's parents are Nana and Grampie; my parents are Grammie and Papa.

Here it is folks - 39 weeks and the baby is the size of a watermelon.  We all knew the day was coming.  That averages out to about 7lbs.



Baby is just getting some more fat.  That's about it.  He's cooked and I'm done.  Time to come out, little man!


How I'm feeling: Oh Lordy do I just feel terrible.  I can barely walk, I can't sleep, sitting in my desk chair at work hurts, I almost have no appetite anymore, and my belly is just so heavy.  Can the kid just call it day and come already?

I figured out that I have been contracting and been in some sort of pain everyday since the end of April.

I think all the walking might finally be doing something.  This kid has dropped a ton again and it's causing major pain.  My pelvis, groin, and lower back are screaming.  And I can't walk anymore.  For real.

Pregnancy Notes:  Pregnancy should only be 7 or 8 months tops.  This 9 (but really 10) month time frame is ridiculous.

The place where my belly button was (is) has turned sort of dark.  It's kind of weird.  I never got that dark line down my belly though which was great.

Yeah, we still haven't nailed down a pediatrician yet.  We probably should.  There was one we wanted and thought we could get and then come to find out, she stopped accepting new patients.  We're looking at others now but we kind of need this like ASAP.

I think last week during my false alarm was the only time I have ever wanted to actually stay and be admitted to a hospital.  I actually got excited thinking about it.  I was thinking I'll go to my room, I'll get into bed, they'll give me my IV and epidural and boom, baby will come within the day!

Food cravings and notes:  Ugh.  There's no more room in me for organs, baby, and food.

Doctor's Visit: Ultrasound and check-up on Tuesday.  After the ultrasound, I met with my doctor and I was 2cm and still 75% effaced.  She said any day now!  Hmm, we'll see.  She mentioned that if I don't go on my own, she will induce me on July 11 but most likely not before as there is no medical reason.  Please pray for me.  I can't go that much longer!  I was also hooked up to the monitors again at this appointment as they wanted to check on the baby because his breathing on the ultrasound was a little shallow.  Good news - he's just fine!  They estimated his weight at 6lbs 9oz which is getting up there especially for me.  I'm hoping the margin of error is leaning towards the half pound or so less.

I wasn't scheduled to go again until July 6th but my doctor thought this was too long between appointments so I had another one this morning!  Got hooked up to the monitors again and baby looks good.  Still 2cm, 75% effaced, and baby's head is at -1/0 station so super low.  I am measuring small and they want me to come back later this morning for another ultrasound to check fluid levels.  We'll go from there.






No comments:

Post a Comment