March 30, 2012

26 Weeks

The furniture is arranged!  I love it!  I went out to lunch with some girlfriends on Saturday and by the time I got home, M had put the legs on the dresser and had one more panel to attach to the crib!  Of course that last panel was the most difficult to attach so the air was a little blue in our house but it's together and it's so beautiful!  Here is the set:



It's very boy.  Now we need the mattress and I can get the whole crib put together.  Yay!  I just walk in that room now and can't wait for him to be in there.  The little outfits we have already and few toys are in there too and I just like to look at them.

And my mother in law, AKA Nana, brought over the fabric she found for the shades she's making for the nursery.  It's perfect!  They are going to look great!  I can't wait to get everything all together.  Pictures of the nursery will come then.

26 week update:

Baby now weighs about one and two thirds pounds and is 14 inches long - as long as a hothouse cucumber.


I definitely feel like he is getting longer in there.  Sometimes he stretches out and his movements are starting to get uncomfortable. 

Anyway, his ears are becoming more sensitive to sound and can probably hear M and I chatting with each other now.  (Hmm, hopefully he didn't pick up on M's vulgar language while putting his crib together).  He is breathing in amniotic fluid which is promoting the development of his lungs.  It also says that if your baby is a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum which will take about two to three days.  Hah.  I thought I saw those at the ultrasound.  Clearly not.


How I'm feeling: Heartburn and acid reflux are raging.

His kicks are starting to get slightly painful.  Not too bad but they are not feeling good right now.  And he moves a lot.

Pregnancy notes: I think I need to have one of those car beeper things attached to my belly so that I know when I'm getting too close to something.  I've hit my belly on things a lot like the edge of the kitchen sink.  And I still think I can fit through narrow openings.  Yeah, I can't.

A co-worker this week said to me "You're looking more like a Mommy now. "  That is infinitely better than "you're bigger" or "you're going to have a big baby."

Food cravings and notes: Tums.

I can eat spinach again!  I had some the other night with roasted tomatoes and chicken and it was delicious.  Yay!

I wanted some Mexican too so M was out and called to see what I wanted for dinner and I said Mexican.  He stopped and got take out.  It was delicious.  I had a chicken chalupa.

Doctor's Visit: None but I did have a dental appointment.  I loathe the dentist.  But no cavities!

No comments:

Post a Comment