March 23, 2012

25 Weeks

So the original baby furniture has been cancelled.  Apparently, the furniture was sitting 35 miles away from our house for five days and no one bothered to call us to set up a delivery.  By the time we finally called to see where the heck it was, the delivery people said they couldn't get it to us until the following week which is ridiculous.  So we got frustrated and cancelled the order. 

But we found other furniture and it's probably better!  We went to the Baby and Kids Furniture Warehouse.  M went first without me and put a hold on a set he really liked that was on clearance.  He told me to go down and check it out and I was a little peeved only because I wanted this to be something we did together and me being the mom, I just wanted to be part of the decision and I am hormonal.  Anyway, I went to the store, looked at the furniture he put a hold on and I hated it.  I mean, I had a pretty strong reaction and almost wanted to cry.  I walked around the store and saw ones I liked much much better.  We ended up going back together that night and we found a beautiful set that cost even less than the one on clearance M put on hold.  HA!  Never under estimate the power of a professional shopper and a Mama Bear.  We get it done, Peeps.  And because it's a local store, no delivery!  M and his buddy picked it up on Sunday and they delivered it to our house.  Thanks, N!  (I was going to put the acronym for Best Man as N was M's best man but thought better of that initial combination. hehe).  And now it's in the nursery.  It's not all together yet but it's there and that's what counts.  I can't wait to get the crib together.  It should be interesting.

We also visited the second center.  We liked it but we honestly liked KinderCare better.  I realize that at child care, you are pooped on, puked on, snotted on, and all around spewed on by something all day and you're not dressing for a black tie affair.  But at this second center, the Director who gave us the tour was in jeans, a hoodie, and flip flops.  I'm sorry, but if you are meeting with prospective parents, make a little bit of an effort.  The employees at KinderCare were dressed much nicer but still baby-friendly.   I'm a snob, I know.  The cost of both were pretty comparable.  The big factors for possibly choosing KinderCare over the other place are: KinderCare opens at 6:30am, the other at 7am.  KinderCare is open later in the evening with no extra charge if you're late.  KinderCare provides formula and jarred food (if you choose to have them give your kid this stuff), the other doesn't.  KinderCare seemed more willing to accommodate cloth diapers.  Some of these are small but the fact that KinderCare opens a half hour earlier is HUGE for us.  We still have some time to decide but it's really difficult.

At 25 weeks:

Baby is about 13.5 inches and  about 1.5lbs - the size of a rutabaga.  Didn't we already have a turnip?  Isn't that the same thing?  I guess a turnip is smaller.



He is now gaining some baby fat and his wrinkled skin is starting to smooth out as a result.  His hair is starting to grow too and if you could see it, you might be able to see what color his hair is!  I've had dreams of a blond haired, blue eyed boy just like M so it will be interesting to see if this dream comes true!

It says for me this week that my hair will seem thicker and more lustrous.  I'm not sure if I've noticed that but it did say to expect that extra hair to fall out after giving birth.  I lose so much hair as it is in the shower that it's a wonder I'm not bald.


How I'm feeling: This baby has kicked it into high gear.  Tons of movement and I can now see when he sticks a foot or something out.  And the belly jumps and flickers when he kicks are pretty cool.

Gas bubbles/pain plus a kicking baby do not a pleasant feeling make.

Heartburn.

I think I'm walking funny.

Pregnancy notes: If the belly button pops out, I'm duct taping that sucker down.

My belly popped wicked bad this week.  There isn't much room for this belly to expand to the sides so it's going to be straight out in front of me.  It's going to look pretty freakish the further along I get.  It's going to stick so far out.  It also didn't help that a co-worker looked at me and said "You're going to have a big baby."  Thanks for telling me I look huge and thanks for scaring me.  My body can't handle a big baby.

I finished the crocheted blanket!  I am so excited I finished and can't wait to wrap him up in it.

Food cravings and notes:  We went out to dinner with another couple at one of our favorite restaurants L'Andana and had a delicious Italian meal of:

Appetizers: fried calamari with a tomato brodo and lemon aioli, Parmesan truffle fries
My meal: Rigatoni Bolognese
Dessert: M and I split a chocolate hazelnut tart

Mama and Baby were very happy after this meal.

Doctor's Visit: None

No comments:

Post a Comment