September 23, 2010

Five Years Ago Today...

I married the bestest guy!  Yes folks, 5 years have gone by.  I actually can't believe it.  It really has flown by but in a good way.  As I reminisce today, I remember the beautiful weather, my beautiful bridesmaids, and my beautiful husband.  I also remember the 3 freak outs about the rain in the morning, the call I got that the reception hall lost my seating chart, and that I thought the wrong bouquets were delivered.  Only 3; not that bad I think.  In the end, it all worked out perfectly.  Oh, the food!  The food was fabulous (I think).  M and I only ate about 2 mouthfuls.  But there was crudite, bacon wrapped scallops, gourmet pizzas, and several other hors d'ouerves that  I can't remember.  For the main meal, we had stations.  There was a soup and salad station with minestrone soup and a garden salad (I think that was the salad - give me a break, it was 5 years ago!  I'm lucky I remembered to get dressed this morning).  A pasta station with butternut squash ravioli (oh lordy that was good).  A carving station with prime rib and roast turkey.  There was also potatoes and some kind of vegetable.  Lastly, a dessert station that appeared later in the evening with the cake.  Yummy lemon mousse cake.  Unfortunately, I don't think all the guests realized that and all that delicious cake was left.  Oh well.  What can ya do?  They all certainly found the candy table.  Candy is good too.  Everyone could make their own goody bag from the candy smorgasboard!  That was a major hit.

Want to see something cool? A year and a half later, M and I were on the cover of New England Bride Magazine!  We had no idea but it was super cool.  I only had a scan and it is black and white.  It was for the cover story of the Georgetown Club where we had our reception.  Sadly, it is now closed. :(   But, some other photos were used in ads for the Georgetown Club too.  Yeah, we're famous now. ha!


So, Happy Anniversary, M!  To many more years of good times, good food, and poofy cheek poking! (he he - inside joke and it's not dirty!  Get your minds out of the gutter, people).

1 comment: