September 4, 2010

30th Birthday Party!

The day is here; I am officially 30 years old today.  Wow.  I'm actually a little disbelieving that it is here.  I can't believe I have already finished 3 decades of my life and today I start my 4th!  4th people!  It's freaking me out a little. 

Anyway, I started the day with a big cup of coffee and a pedicure.  I felt like treating myself a little.  I also wanted an eyebrow wax but the waxing lady wasn't going to show up until noon and I wasn't waiting around.  So I went and got a breaksfast sandwich instead.  Mmmm.  I love bacon, egg, and cheese on an english muffin. Although the one I got today wasn't that good really so that was kind of disappointing.  Oh well.  Now to figure out what to do with the rest of my day.  M wants to take me out to eat somewhere tonight.  I don't know where I want to go though.  Such decisions!

My last post I mentioned that M and my brother in law threw a 30th birthday party for me and my sister in law.  It was really fun and the guys did a great job.  The weather made a stellar performance as well.  The day was perfect.  I snapped a few pictures but was really too busy schmoozing.  Ha, just kidding.  But no really.


My brother in law rigged up some tents so that people could get out of the sun and so there was some shelter over the food.  But the bees and hornets were crazy!  I hate bees.  I hate them more when they are messing with the food!  M manned the grill as shown below (blue shirt).  The menu included hamburgers, hot dogs, pork tenderloin two ways, including stuffed, chicken wings with my brother in law's awesome spice rub, grilled chicken breasts, deviled eggs, pasta salad, potato salad, green salad, grilled vegetables, chips and guacamole.  I think that was everything but like I said before, I didn't get any pictures!  Fail.  Another item I didn't get a picture of was the kegerator.  I am not a beer drinker but I could appreciate the coolness of the machine.



And then of course there was cake.  Delicious cake.  Please ignore the rude writing on the top of the cake. 30 is NOT over the hill!


After my sister in law and I blew out our candles, we were asked to open our gifts.  It was like a bridal shower.  But we both got some good loot.  I also won $23 on scratch tickets I got.  Score! 


Overall, it was really fun day and the boys did a great job!  We are such lucky ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment