February 6, 2013

In Sickness and In Sickness


This has been the winter of our *health* discontent.  I mean really.  In the past three weeks, I have been sick, M has been sick, and baby J has been sick.  It's a vicious circle and it keeps making the rounds.  This plague is welcome to leave any time now.  Locusts are probably next.


Just this past weekend, I had something going on and I was nauseous for three days.  To the point where I was terrified I may be pregnant again.  Not to fear, folks.  Not the case but still quite a scare.  I am not ready to experience all this again yet.  Plus, we still need more quality one on one time with this little guy.  Especially when he's sick.


Baby J is always happy.  Even when not feeling well.  He will still laugh, play, and even sleep.  Not much affects his appetite either.  Much like Daddy.  Always ready, willing, and able to chow down.


The weather has been ridiculous in terms of temperature.  There has been hardly any snow as of yet (though that will change in about two days) but it has been freezing.   And wearing hats inside is hilarious apparently.


J gets a tubby almost every night.  Sometimes on days he's home, I forgo the tubby due to the sensitivity of his skin but he always gets one after being in day care all day.  So many cooties.  We can't catch a break.

He is sick once again and this time a little more than what has been his usual sniffles and coughing.  Now there is a fever involved and a deeper cough.  So sad to hear the little guy coughing.  I'm also nervous about febrile seizures and I would have no idea what to do if he ever had one. He's so good about having his temperature taken too.  Doesn't make a peep.  I, of course, feel like I'm violating him a little bit each time.  And you'd think I was cutting off his nose by the way he screams when I wipe it or suck the boogies out.  It's like Armageddon trying to get those suckers out.

I wish we could give him chicken noodle soup.  It's one thing when M or I are sick but when it's your baby, you feel so helpless.  There are lots of snuggles and naps in our house which is fine with me.  Snuggles are always accepted.


I have cleaned the house to rid it of as many germs as possible.  I have stripped all bed sheets, bleached the bathroom and baby toys, and washed the floors.

And do you know how much of a pain in the backside changing a crib sheet is?!  I liken it to wrestling a hippopotamus.




No comments:

Post a Comment