May 4, 2012

31 Weeks

It was baby shower week!  My wonderful family and friends all gathered on Saturday to celebrate our new little addition.  It was an incredible time and I was overwhelmed with every one's generosity.  We are so blessed with those who are in our lives and it means so much to us how everyone is sharing our joy. 

There was great food, great people, and amazing gifts.  We are wanting or in need of nothing.  It was all such a blur and it all went very fast and I wish I could have savored the moment just a little bit more but when M and I went through the gifts the following day, we were overcome with appreciation.  This little boy is already spoiled rotten and frankly, how could it be any other way?

Grammie, Nana, and Auntie did an absolutely SPECTACULAR job on all the planning, decorations, and execution of this baby shower.  It was just perfect.  The room was beautiful, the decorations were adorable, and there were delicious homemade cupcakes.  It was also a brunch buffet which you can never go wrong with.  There was fresh fruit, pastries, scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, french toast, canadian bacon, bacon, and chicken broccoli ziti. 

Take a look at the incredible job they did:

Beautiful room and beautiful decorations!

Cupcakes!  So delicious.

Overwhelming generosity.  Too many gifts to count.



Sports Themed diaper cake made by Nana and Auntie.  So adorable!


Monkey diaper cake made by two of my closest friends.  So incredible!


Handmade Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls by Nana.  One of my favorite gifts.


More gifts and a super awesome Uppa Baby stroller from my cousins and Aunt!  So much love.

30 week baby bump!

It was such an amazing day and I will never forget it.  I was sad when it was over but now the countdown is really on for our son's arrival.  That's the next biggest thing!

Baby at week 31 is 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3lbs - like 4 navel oranges.


I can certainly tell he's getting bigger and weighing more.  I can just feel gravity pull down when I stand.  It doesn't feel good.  I also feel like I've dropped but that's probably just me being crazy.

He can move his head from side to side and he's plumping up everywhere.  And he is definitely moving around like crazy in there.  It's getting really achy feeling now.  Luckily, he seems to understand that nighttime is for sleeping and he doesn't move much at night so he doesn't keep me up that way.  That's very good.  It's just the peeing and inability to roll over gracefully that keeps me up at night now.

It says I may be experiencing some Braxton Hicks contractions and oh boy have I.  My belly will get rock hard for several seconds and feel so tight.  It's very strange and uncomfortable.  Not painful but doesn't feel good either.   9 more weeks to go!

How I'm feeling: This kid has failed to realize that I am not a trampoline.

I feel like sometimes he's scraping my insides when he moves.  He does have fingernails and toenails you know.  Sometimes it makes me catch my breath when he moves because it's a little painful.

There are single digit weeks left now in this pregnancy.  This is exciting and terrifying.

Pregnancy Notes: It's all getting so very difficult.  The third trimester is rough.  That's no lie.

I can no longer take the laundry out of the washer or dryer. Or clean the bathtub.

M so lovingly asked if he could help me put my socks on one morning as he was watching me try and contort myself.   I kept my pride and said, no, I will do it myself.   And I did. With clumsiness and grunting.

M and I played "Can you hear me now" with the baby monitor.  I am happy to report that he could hear me now.

Food cravings and notes:   I wanted that stinking bacon at the shower!  Curse you nitrates!

Doctor's Visit: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment