April 21, 2010

Taco Night

Who out there has a taco night?  Do you have one weekly or spread it out a little bit?  If you have one, are they not one of your favorites?  I love taco night.  We actually don't have them too often so when we do, I get so excited.  M and I had a taco night this past Monday and it was awesome.



Now, I am not going to lie, I use a boxed taco kit.  But wait!  Why go through all the fuss when all the seasonings are nicely packaged for you?  Yes I know you can make your own by throwing in a little bit of this and a little bit of that but it is so much easier to rip open a packet.  And you don't need to go searching around for hard taco shells.  M and I prefer the hard shells - it's a texture thing.  While I agree that the "salsa" topping sauce leaves something to be desired, the taco kit is helpful.



I don't have a recipe for you but I urge you to have a taco night!  Cook some meat, season it up (taco kit or not), throw it in a taco shell and top with anything you like.  We use the standard lettuce, tomato, and cheese.  M likes to add chopped raw onion to his as well.  But add whatever you like!  There is a whole plethora of options.  Then you can top that with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.  What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment