May 15, 2013

Charmed




It is a sneaker. 

It is small; no longer than my thumbnail.  

The entire shoe is monochromatic in a silvery gray; laces, stripes, sole and all.  It has three stiff laces going evenly across the top.  There is a wide dotted stripe on the right side and there is a wide dotted stripe on the left side going from laces to sole.  

The top looks like brushed nickel.  The toe of the sneaker is perfectly round.  The sneaker is hard to the touch.  There is a shiny, glossy sole.   

On this sole, there is a vertical etching of a single name going from heel to toe.  The name is written in all capital letters.  



I have worn it every day since it was given to me.  I wear it on a silver chain, across my neck, and close to my heart.  

Since I rarely take it off, the clasp of the chain can tangle in my hair or the charm can get wrapped around to the back of my neck.  It clinks against the chain and the other metal ball on the necklace when I turn it back around.  It is my lucky charm.




This charm was given to me by my husband the day after the birth of our son ten months ago.  It is one of the most important and happiest days of my life.  I will keep it with me always.

Considering M had this in his pocket while at the hospital, it is good he came out a boy.  There would have been an unplanned visit to the jewelry store.

No comments:

Post a Comment