December 31, 2012

Welcoming 2013




The end of 2012 is tonight.  We all like to reflect on the past year and what it brought or what it didn't bring and what we accomplished.  2012 brought wonderful things to our family, namely our son.  This time last year, I announced that M and I would be expecting in the year to come.  I also reflected on the darkness of my year prior to the conception of our son.  It's amazing how fast these years go by.

Relecting on the previous year is nostalgic.  In 2012, I was pregnant,  M got a new job, our son was born, and we got a new couch.  I think those were the biggest occurances in our family.  It was a wonderful year full of joy and laughter.  Much better than 2011 when I was in a bad place and M was too while searching for a job.

I do not make New Year's resolutions, as written previously, so I again will not list out any goals or checklists of what I intend to accomplish in the upcoming year.  I just want to live, be happy, and continue to tighten up my post-baby body.  The weight is all gone, I'm just a little flabby. 

Baby J will turn one in 2013.  How did we get to that year already?  He will be six months on January 2.  That means he is now closer to one year than he is to a newborn.  I love watching him grow and discovering new things but my heart is a little sad in knowing that certain stages of his development and growth are gone already and the tiny little baby that I could snuggle on my chest no longer fits.  I already forget how small he was and how he could fit in the crook of my arm.  I can just about just get his head in my arm while the rest of him hangs over my lap and legs.  No longer does he curl up in a ball but stretches out to his entire length and kicks and wails just as he should.  He is almost crawling and he is rolling over everywhere.  We can no longer leave him on the floor unattended because he is never in the same place anymore.  We are embarking on the next phase of baby mobility.  It's exciting and hugely frightening.



All kinds of unknowns await us in the new year.  I hope they are all good things.  M, J, and I wish you joys, smiles, and the all the happiness you can find in your new year.  Welcome 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment