February 26, 2012

Happy 2 Year Blogiversary


This little homemade kitchen is two years old today.  Time has gone by so quickly.  This little blog that was going to be my journal of kitchen memories, cooking successes, and delicious dishes has grown into something more over the past two years.  And that's ok.  It has now become more of a journal for myself, for my thoughts, and for my life changes and accomplishments.  And I think this is better.

There seems to be trends going on with the topics I am writing about - food or pregnancy - but I anticipate that there will be many other stories to follow as my son is born and begins to grow.  Life is full of beautiful things and this blog will, and has, become the place where I reflect and preserve my thoughts and memories and to share them with all of you.

When this blog started, I did not have many who read it.  Lately, I have attracted more readers and I am thankful for that.  This is a personal place and I was apprehensive at first at starting this blog as it can be extremely vulnerable when your personal thoughts are shared with others.  I was afraid of judgement or ridicule but it has brought neither.  It has brought laughter, enjoyment, and encouragement.  So thank you readers, new and old.  Without you, I would not always have the push I need to sit down and write. 

I lost track of this blog for a little while but now that I am back, I plan to stay.  I have come to understand that it does take time to sit down and write (and try to be clever and witty) but once I do, my thoughts come pouring out and it becomes therapeutic.  At one point, this blog felt like a chore especially when so few were reading so I stopped writing.  I'm glad to be back.

So happy blogiversary!  I hope to continue on for as many more as I can to share and remember my blessings, my missteps, my culinary adventures, and my family's growth.  I will look back on those ramblings and writings and I will smile.

1 comment:

  1. Not only as your mom, but as a friend, I have come to look forward to these blogs and to share in your cooking adventures, impending birth of a new grandchild and news of his little baby milestones. Writing is therapeutic and you do a great job of putting your thoughts, prayers and hopes for the future into an enjoyable, uplifting and humorous read. Blessings to you and M and your "Homemade Kitchen."

    ReplyDelete