August 14, 2011

Staycation 2011


Last week, M and I took a much needed week off from work.  It was glorious.


We did a lot of eating out. Here is a small recap in food:

We went to Maggiano's - where we had our first date

Mozzarella Marinara Appetizer

I got: Crab and Shrimp Tropheo.  The pasta was a little overcooked.

M got: Chicken and Truffle Tortellacci.  He at it all.

 Then on another day, we went to the best place on Earth - Richardson's.

Ah, Richardson's.  How I love you.

Gorgeous Day.  I sat outside while M hit golf balls.


Superior form


Then I got ice cream.  Look at all the delicious flavors.  It was a very hard decision.

I finally chose Black Raspberry with jimmies.  A nudge to my childhood.  So very good.
M didn't want any.  Crazy boy.

And then I had a Girl's Night Out.  It was such a blast.

Beef Tenderloin with an Orange Buerre Blanc and Whipped Potatoes.  Three of us got the same dish.  It was amazing.


Another girlfriend got this dish.  It was called Duck Duck Goose (awesome, right?).  It was duck breast, duck confit, and foie gras.  She let me taste the duck breast.  D-E-Licious.  She also let me taste the foie gras because I had never had it.  Don't think I much care to have it again.


And that concludes our Staycation: A Retrospect in Pictures

Yeah, I didn't end up taking many pictures.   I was relaxing.  We also picked out new carpet.  Thrilling, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment