January 12, 2011

Snow Day and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



It's a snow day!


Look at all that snow!



We are getting pummeled with snow right now.  There is at least a foot outside my house right now and it is still snowing like crazy.  It is a great day to snuggle up with a cup of coffee and a good book.  I will certainly be doing that later.  Anybody reading anything good right now?  I need some recommendations.


I actually have a list of books that I want to read and I keep it in my purse so when I hit the library, I have some idea of what to look for.  Sometimes it's nice to just go into the library and browse for a while.  I love the library.  And bookstores.  But I get in trouble at bookstores.  I want to buy everything.  I really just love books.

Anywho, it's a snow day and I want to be lazy, so there.  I should do some homework but I don't wanna.  And that's my whining for the day.



Let's get to the pumpkin muffins.  I picked up a couple of cans of pumpkin around Thanksgiving when they are on sale and in huge supply.  I opened my cabinet a couple of weeks ago and there they were reminding me that they were waiting to be used in something delicious.  I searched one of my favorite blogs and found this recipe. It was very delicious.



The muffins were moist and not too spicy.  I don't always like nutmeg and ginger but these had just the right amount. They are great with a big cup of coffee on a snow day.  I wish I had one right now.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
From Sugar Plum

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Line muffin tins with liners - about 18.

In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.

In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, eggs, pumpkin, milk and brown sugar until combined.  Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and then add the chocolate chips.  Whisk to combine.

Divide the batter into the muffin cups.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment