February 27, 2010

Greek Vegetable Chunk Salad

Several months ago, the hubs, M, and I went out to dinner at a tasty restaurant called Burton's Grill. Now, this is a chain but it is a very good one. I am not embarrassed to say I had one of the best salads ever. It was Mediterranean Salad and was basically a chunky greek salad. I vowed while eating that I would make this at home - and soon. It was so simple. Just chop some veggies and throw in a bowl. I have made it several times since and M requested it for his birthday dinner. I have made some modifications to the salad from what we had at the restaurant and it is super tasty.




Greek Vegetable Chunk Salad
Adapted from Burton's Grill

1/2 European cucumber, chopped

1 red pepper, chopped

1/2 red onion, chopped

1 tomato, chopped (We prefer heirloom but a hot house would be fine)

Feta cheese, as much as you like (we like a lot), crumbled

Olives, kalamata and/or green

Any dressing

Combine all the vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Top with olives or leave them on the side - not everyone likes olives. In my house, I like the green, M likes the kalamata. Dress the salad with your choice of dressing.

Note: You could also add some chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce. At the restaurant, there was some romaine in the salad. We like it with just the chunky vegetables. But, you won't hurt our feelings if you add lettuce. You may also add some thinly sliced radishes as well. We did in the salad pictured above.


No comments:

Post a Comment